“Soft despotism is a term coined by Alexis de Tocqueville describing the state into which a country overrun by "a network of small complicated rules" might degrade. Soft despotism is different from despotism (also called 'hard despotism') in the sense that it is not obvious to the people."
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Sorry, wrong blog!
This is Deuce:
I went into the back room to see if there were any new posts in process.
I found this one by Doug. You will see his authorship down the bottom, but the only thing on the post was "Sorry, wrong blog!
I said I would help in any way to get some new posts up on the site, so Doug, good job on your first creative piece and the video is for you. Another OOPs.
Let's give Doug a big hand for putting his toe in the water.
Posted by Doug at 1/22/2011 07:19:00 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I would so sport that outfit.ReplyDelete
I'm sure you have seen this last week.ReplyDelete
girl falls in fountain
Fucking Bloody Capitalist.ReplyDelete
With regard the economics of those mustangs, whit, the basic program developed by the BLM does suck.ReplyDelete
It is as previously described.
There are two things that have made the proposition doable.
1. A semi-trained 3 or 4 year old horse sells at auction for under $400.
2.The Mustang Heritage Foundation, a 501(c)(3) Non-profit has developed a Trainer Incentive Program.
HAVE WE GOT A DEAL FOR YOU
Approved trainers, pick up a Mustang, gentle it and find a qualified adopter within 90 days. The reward?
Trainers are guaranteed $700 per horse.
Qualified trainers can pick up one to four horses at a time. Facility and gentling requirements apply. To be eligible, trainers must complete an application and be approved. Trainers have 90 days to gentle the mustang and find an adopter, but the horse may be adopted after 10 days if it meets the gentling requirements. Mustangs in the TIP program must be halter broke, must be able to have each of its four feet picked up and cleaned, and must be able to load and unload from a trailer. Horses are not typically trained under saddle in the TIP program.
TIP-trained mustangs are placed up for adoption after basic halter breaking takes place. The cost to adopt a TIP horse is only $125 – the same cost of adopting an ungentled Mustang from a BLM facility! Trainers and adopters can enter into a contract for additional training services such as saddle training once the horse is adopted.
TIP trainers are responsible for all costs associated with the humane care of the animals while in their possession, including facility maintenance/repair, veterinarian care, farrier or disposal costs, and feed/grain and other needed supplements. Trainer will be paid once the horse is adopted and all paperwork is complete. Trainers must be at least 18 years old and have no prior convictions for inhumane treatment of animals or for violations under the Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act of 1971.
My Team, already contracts with the Forest Service, removing "Wild Cattle" from the Tonto.
Travis and Wheeler Ericsson are the products of six generations of cowboys. The sons of renowned cowboy and world champion bronc rider Dave Ericsson, they were born and raised around good horses and wild cattle.
They can break a wild horse to ride, in three days.
We'll put on adoption seminars around the Phoenix metro area every two weeks. Figure to be able to process 16 horses a month, 12 months a year.
It should pencil out, between the Foundation monies and the add-on rider and horse training fees, after the adoption.
They breed and raise a horse, then train it, and are getting less than the Foundation subsidy when the horse is sold at auction.
The Mustang Heritage Foundation is looking for talented trainers who employ natural horsemanship techniques to gentle American Mustangs. The Mustang Heritage Foundation created the Trainer Incentive Program, which is better known as TIP, to bridge the gap between potential adopters and American Mustangs housed at Bureau of Land Management facilities.
We have quite a few fellas that can qualify, as trainers under the program.
The trailer easily holds 8 horses.
It is about 8 to 10 hours to the nearest BLM facility, in California.
Man, thoe guys are riding some fine horses.ReplyDelete
Those guys are GOOD.
dayyum. I can't get that picture out of my mind. And, not the red thong. I've actually seen a couple of shapely asses, before.ReplyDelete
But, I ain't never been around horses like that.
They first wanted advise on how to take guest on the cow hunt.ReplyDelete
Four guests with two wranglers out chasing the cowboys catching the cattle. $300 per day each, a four day program. It could easily become double double dangerous.
That part of the project is evolving, but the training program was turn key ready.
They did not know it even existed.ReplyDelete
Fellas we've known for years.
The real deal when it come to horses, cattle and fun.
Well, they're double-fine horsemen.ReplyDelete
I'd be scared to death to take "civilians" out there. Eventually, one of them is going to get hurt, and sue your ass off; and it doesn't matter how many disclaimers you have signed.
Speaking of embarrassment, the Obamas always look oddly embarrassed whenever they address the little people: Like burglars mistaken for the property's rightful ownersReplyDelete
Women live 9.7 years longer than men, but waste it in their Snuggies watching Gossip Girl
It's the 400th year anniversary today for the King James Bible, a landmark in English literature.
"God has promised forgiveness to your repentance; but he has not promised tomorrow to your procrastination." ~ Augustine of Hippo
Arizona, rufus, has an equestrian activities law:ReplyDelete
Citation: A. R. S. § 12-553
Last Checked by Web Center Staff: 09/10
Summary: This Arizona statute provides that an equine agent or owner is not liable for injury if the participant took control of the equine prior to injury, if a parent or guardian signed a release on behalf of a minor, if the owner or agent has properly installed suitable tack or the participant has personally tacked the equine, or the owner or agent assigns a suitable equine based on a reasonable interpretation of the person's representation of his or her skills, health and experience with and knowledge of equines. Liability is not limited, however, when an equine owner or agent is grossly negligent or commits willful, wanton or intentional acts or omissions.
We just may need a Nevada Corporation, owned by a Panamanian Corporation, both of which have ownership that is untraceable.
Which is why the training program is turn-key and the cow catching with guests is still evolving.
I'd hate to get someone killed, having fun. For money that is not all that much.
While $4,800 a week is a lot to the boys, it is chump change, really, especially if someone takes a header.
Especially when you figure we'd only go 18 times a year, at the most. The marketing costs, liability insurance and other associated costs would eat the money up.
Jeez, Good Luck. :)ReplyDelete
They did not care much about the financial liability, but when I mentioned they'd have moral responsibility, if someone got hurt, that gained their attention.ReplyDelete
As Travis says, it is big game hunting, with a rope.
Like John Wayne, in Daktari.
The trailer for DaktariReplyDelete
The Duke swinging a rope.
I still have to go see True Grit.
The Dude, playing the Duke.
I surveyed 100 men and asked what shampoo they used when showering. 98 of them said, "How did you get in here?"ReplyDelete
Hey, assholes, I saved it as a draft!!!ReplyDelete
You guys are cruisin for a brusin, and Bob and I are just the guys to do it!
FOX News Hires OlbermannReplyDelete
Need jokes for brother in law laid up with double knee replacement.ReplyDelete
Scoured the funny cards rack at Barns and Noble and refused to pay $2.89 for that crap.
Thanks in advance.
I found a few:ReplyDelete
Blogger Teresita said...
I surveyed 100 men and asked what shampoo they used when showering. 98 of them
said, "How did you get in here?"
Sat Jan 22, 10:57:00 PM EST
Two great white sharks swimming in the ocean spied survivors of a sunken ship.
"Follow me son" the father shark said to the son shark and they swam to the mass of people.
"First we swim around them a few times with just the tip of our fins showing." And they did. "Well done, son! Now we swim around them a few times with all of our fins showing." And they did. "Now we eat everybody." And they did.
When they were both gorged, the son asked, "Dad, why didn't we just eat them all at first? Why did we swim around and around them?"
His wise father replied, "Because they taste better without the crap inside!"
Alternate meanings for common words.ReplyDelete
1. Coffee, n.. The person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted, adj. Appalled by discovering how much weight one has gained.
3. Abdicate, v. To give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade, v. To attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly, adj. Impotent.
6. Negligent, adj. Absentmindedly answering the door when wearing only a nightgown.
7. Lymph, v.. To walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle, n. Olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence, n. Emergency vehicle that picks up someone who has been run over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash, n. A rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle, n. A humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude, n. The formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.
13. Pokemon, n. A Rastafarian proctologist.
14. Oyster, n. A person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.
15. Frisbeetarianism, n. The belief that, after death, the soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Circumvent, n. An opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men
Alleged, but disputed, Mensa Invitational Word Contest, wherein readers are invited to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.ReplyDelete
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus : A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte : To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Osteopornosis : A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon : It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido : All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor ( n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
THE MAFIA BOOKKEEPERReplyDelete
A Mafia Godfather finds out that his bookkeeper has cheated him out of ten million bucks. His bookkeeper is deaf. That was the reason he got the job in the first place. It was assumed that a deaf bookkeeper would not hear anything that he might have to testify about in court.
When the Godfather goes to confront the bookkeeper about his missing $10 million, he brings along his attorney, who knows sign language.
The Godfather tells the lawyer "Ask him where the 10 million bucks he embezzled from me is?"
The attorney, using sign language, asks the bookkeeper.
The bookkeeper signs back: "I don't know what you are talking about."
The attorney tells the Godfather: "He says he doesn't know what you're talking about."
The Godfather pulls out a pistol, puts it to the bookkeeper's temple and says, "Ask him again!"
The attorney signs to the bookkeeper: "He'll kill you if you don't tell him!"
The bookkeeper signs back: "OK! You win! The money is in a brown briefcase, buried behind the shed in my cousin Enzo's backyard in Queens !"
The Godfather asks the attorney: "Well, what'd he say?" The attorney replies:
"He says you don't have the guts to pull the trigger.
Linear, those had me in belly laughs. Eggcellent.ReplyDelete
I am actually thankful to the holder of this site who has shared this impressive piece of writingReplyDelete
at at this time.
Here is my blog post; LeBron James Shoes 2013
Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have youReplyDelete
been blogging for? you make blogging look easy.
The overall look of your web site is magnificent, let alone the content!
my blog post ... Kevin Durant Shoes 2013
I am genuinely thankful to the owner of this web site who has sharedReplyDelete
this great paragraph at at this place.
Also visit my web site: Michael Kors Outlet