- The last time that happened, it took nineteen years to recover.
- 4 million homes have been lost to foreclosure since 2006.
- Goldman Sachs cut its economic growth forecast for the second time in a month last week. It now predicts the economy to have added just 150,000 jobs in April, down from 244,000 in March.
- Economic growth is under 2%.
- Gas prices, food prices, and rental prices are increasing.
- May 31st, 14.5% of the American public received food stamp benefits that averaged $133.24 per person, up over 10% since January past.
- The number of limousines owned by the U.S. government increased 73 percent during the first two years of the Obama administration,
- The Democrats have not a clue and neither do the Republicans and Obama plays golf.
“Soft despotism is a term coined by Alexis de Tocqueville describing the state into which a country overrun by "a network of small complicated rules" might degrade. Soft despotism is different from despotism (also called 'hard despotism') in the sense that it is not obvious to the people."