Here is the thinking of our leaders and representatives: Any questions?
"The extent to which advanced economies are lagging emerging markets is a major preoccupation among policy makers here. The United States Treasury secretary, Timothy F. Geithner, told the group that forecasts for growth of about 5 to 7 percent in emerging markets, 3 to 4 percent in the United States, and 1 to 2 percent in Europe this year seemed accurate to him. The question, he said, was: 'How do we get sustainable durable growth in the advanced economies?'"
- The Chinese manipulate their currency.
- The Chinese government subsidizes the manufacture, infrastructure and delivery of their manufactured products.
- The US government permits the Chinese to not buy US manufactured goods by borrowing the Chinese surplus by the boat load. The Chinese instead of having dollars to buy goods from American factories, loan those dollars to Wall Street and The US government.
- The Chinese do not allow majority ownership of facilities built in China. They become more than equal "partners."
- The Chinese insist on access to all technology of the plants built by Westerners in China. Mysteriously, inexplicably, this technology shows up in competitive Chinese factories.
- Trade secrets and patents, what's that?
- The Chinese erect tariffs and barriers to US manufactured goods.
- Our Masters and Rulers have manipulated the tax code to favor imported goods over domestic goods.
- Wall Street awards the big rewards for those that break companies and import foreign goods.
- Our politicians subsidize the entire farce in every way possible.
What could possibly go wrong?
Read more here
Read more here