COLLECTIVE MADNESS


“Soft despotism is a term coined by Alexis de Tocqueville describing the state into which a country overrun by "a network of small complicated rules" might degrade. Soft despotism is different from despotism (also called 'hard despotism') in the sense that it is not obvious to the people."

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Saved or created" means save face by creating numbers


Recovery.gov reported that 30 jobs were saved or created with $761,420 of federal stimulus spending in Arizona's 15th Congressional District. One problem with the claim -- the state has only eight districts

Talladega County of Alabama, claimed that it had saved or created 5,000 jobs from only $42,000 in government money -- which would amount to $8.40 in annual income per job if each position received an equal amount of funding....

...nearly $6.4 billion was used to "create or save" nearly 30,000 jobs in 440 non-existing districts, including in New Mexico's 4th, 22nd, 35th and 40th Districts. New Mexico has three Congressional Districts.

"I was alarmed to see that Democrats have spent $3,582,587 to create five jobs in Florida's 86th congressional district, " said Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite, R-Fla. "In the fighting 53rd they spent $460,000 of your taxpayer dollars to create zero jobs."

Florida has 25 U.S. Congressional Districts.


The same accountants are being used by Pelosi and Reid to turn a three trillion dollar health care bill into one that only reportedly costs $999,999,999,999.99, because that last penny is the deal breaker.


21 comments:

  1. For instance, in my last e-mail entitled to "female ethics professor with two bloodhounds", I signed off as
    "greedy, rapacious envirodetroying developer who doesn't give a damn about community".

    heh, that will get a relationship going.

    I'll be hearing from her, one way or the other, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got our Pelosi of the Palouse, elected by forty votes, as Mayor, very troublesome, over the good guys down at the Corner Club. Forty votes from the One World Cafe.

    I have rejected al-doug's good advice of "don't do it: in four words, " do not do it".

    But, I have read the election results, carefully.

    I have four votes, which carries.

    So I have put the application through.

    Tim Brown is on my side. Newly elected.

    I'm also getting older. Now or never.

    My good young lady lawyer, she is going to take this thing through for me.


    She comes from a farm, by the way.

    What I like about my new young revealing/concealing lawyer, is she will fight for me, she coming from the same type Sarah Palin family that I came from myself.

    I have rejected al-doug's good advice, to what my future, I do not know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Lady Lawyer and me, we're gonna shove it up their ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olbermann devoted his whole hour to hating Sarah Palin. George Orwell only had 'em doing a Two Minute Hate in 1984

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't numbers fungible? (especially if they are immaginary)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the dears that dripped from my bewildered eyes, Chrst, ain't that beautful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dammit, that should read

    "the tears that dripped"


    I get all excited with good music

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, Bob, the first version was the more poignant.

    Merely, my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Japan is inscrutable; but Mexico is just downright ornery.

    Their deficit really isn't all that bad. If they just had a normal rate of taxation they would be just fine. I don't understand how the "conservatives" keep getting elected down there.

    I got a hunch they could teach Ahmanarmpit a thing or two about running elections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Vanishing Coconut Picker

    An industry is dying in India.

    "Kerala’s state government has responded to the crisis by sponsoring an international design competition that will pay $20,000 to develop three economically feasible coconut-picking machines. More than 350 people have sent in ideas."

    For those engineers (or tinkerers) at the EB, the chance to earn $20,000, become a Ballywood hero, and help eliminate the caste system in India.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Venezuelan Oil Exports Down 48.5% YOY.

    That's Dollar amount, but that would still translate into probably 15% decline in volume of exports.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rufus, it's amazing how Communism puts the Kibosh on oil production. But look at Iraq ramping up to become a second Saudi Arabia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Global downturn? Or just Hugo Chavez?

    He's bankrupting the country, thus the need to send troops to the border with Columbia to try to divert the people's criticism. Unfortunately, for him, few Venezuelans believe there will be a war and even less want one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't believe all that "Iraq is another Saudi Arabia" nonsense, T. It ain't true.

    They're doing about 2.5 bpd. They "Might" ramp it up over the next five or six years to 3.5 or 4. Or they might not.

    If you're curious as to whether an Arab is lying, observe his lips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Venezuelan production was declining before Chavez took over, Q.

    Texas, California, La, The Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, Mexico, The North Sea, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Indonesia - on and on. Something like 19 of the 20 fields that have ever produced a million barrels/day are in decline.

    ReplyDelete